WONDERFUL NEW ONLINE COLLECTION: The George Albert Converse papers and photographs, Mss 68, DeGolyer Library, SMU, Dallas, Texas — source of much material about early destroyers recently posted on this site.
NEW ON THIS SITE:
- FLETCHER-CLASS CHAMPION KAMIKAZE DEFENDER — the “Fighting Bob,” USS Evans.
- THE DESTROYERS OF DESDIV 92 — Boyd, Bradford, Brown and Cowell.
- TWO NAVAL WAR COLLEGE LECTURES BY FRANK FRIDAY FLETCHER:
1896 — torpedo boat attacks.
1904 — recent developments in torpedoes and mines.
- INCUBATOR OF TORPEDO BOATS — the Torpedo Station at Goat Island, Newport, RI.
- 19th CENTURY TORPEDO BOATS — The experimental Alarm, Lightning and Stiletto; the purpose-built Cushing; and 34 additional torpedo boats authorized through fiscal year 1899.
FOR OSPREY READERS
Dave McComb: US Destroyers: 1934-45, Prewar classes and US Destroyers: 1942-45, Wartime classes. Both may be ordered from booksellers in the United States and abroad. This website contains additional information relating to these titles is as follows:In 2010, Osprey Publishing Ltd. released two titles by
- An index of all international place names identified in the books with maps showing their locations.
- Links to information about World War II-era builders, classes and squadrons on this web site plus links to other web sites with complementary information.
- Sources of the information given in the appendices: images of selected pages from the General Information Books for each listed ship that contain dimensions and other information of interest.