All the destroyer escorts built there were commissioned during the war; all but three of them before 1945.
Seven of the twelve destroyers were launched and four were commissioned during the war. After the war, construction continued on six Gearings laid down but not yet commissioned. Five of these were completed in 1945–46 and the sixth, Epperson, in 1949. Hulls for the last two, Castle and Woodrow R. Thompson, laid down in the summer of 1945, were not launched.
The shipyard closed after the war. Today the site is vacant, but may be seen immediately south of today’s New Jersey Turnpike extension to the Holland Tunnel, where it approaches the Newark Bay bridge.